Happy Birthday Breck!

Try JibJab Sendables® eCards today!

Monday, October 27, 2008

TENDER MERCIES

This week we our family experienced some of the Lord's tender mercies. I wanted to share a few of them with you. With all the turmoil that is going on around us, it is a constant reminder that the Lord loves each of us individually and is always looking out for us.
  • Matthew's cousin Ray was baptized. The baptism was beautiful. A nice reminder of why we are here on earth.
  • Matthew's Uncle Jim performed the baptismal service. A beautiful reminder of selfless sacrifice.
  • Matthew's cousin Merrie had a baby. Sweet reminder of how beautiful life really is.
  • Our nephew Nate's life was spared. Gentle reminder of how precious the time is that we have here on earth.

A word about each of these tender mercies the Lord has allowed us to experience this week. Matthew cousin Ray is suffering from terminal lung cancer. With all the things he is experiencing right now, he was able to make a commitment with Christ to follow his example by entering the waters of baptism.

Matthew's Uncle Jim who is awaiting a lung transplant and confined to a wheelchair and on oxygen was able to enter the baptismal waters and preform Ray's baptismal service. A selfless sacrifice and example to each of us who were present.

After having three children and adopting another - a beautiful girl - from Kazakhstan, Merrie and Heath were able to bring a baby girl into their great family. After having three myself, I truly see the ability to bring children into this world a tender mercy from God.

And, last but probably the greatest tender mercy this week our little Nate had his life spared. Instead of celebrating Jane's 5th birthday this week, we could have been mourning the loss of our nephew Nate. Early in the week, Nate was out riding his bicycle around the neighborhood. A driver pulling out of his driveway did not see Nate crossing his driveway. The neighbor drove his truck right over Nate. After being rushed by ambulance to the hospital and many test run and much to the amazement of the ER doctors, Nate went home with a few bruises (in the shape of a tire) and a nasty hole in his ankle. As for the bike, we can't say the same - it didn't fair so well.

7 comments:

Jason Janice and Karissa Merrell said...

Oh my goodness. Those are all so amazing. I am so glad that your nephew Nate is ok. That is so scarey. thanks for sharing Jenn :)

Jessica said...

What a great post. Thanks for sharing. Bike accidents are the scarriest for me. Even with helmets on they can still cause so much damage. I am so glad your nephew is ok.

Birding is Fun! said...

Thanks for sharing the "tender mercies". It helped me remember what is most important.

joyMama said...

I'm crying, reading about it all - of course, Nate especially. Cannot imagine life without any of you!! Cannot even contemplate it...thank you, sweet Jenn, for helping us all share these special gifts of life. You know you have my love. MomJoy

hendywow said...

AMEN! I just need to copy this beautifully written post and paste it to my blog!
I love you Jen, thanks for being my sister inlaw!

Toni said...

What a great post!! You are such a beautiful writer....why did it take you so long to join us bloggers???? Glad to find you here.

cpcox99 said...

It is so easy to take life for granted. You really have been blessed with some tender mercies. I'm glad Nate is okay and that's awesome that Ray got baptized.

What I think, what I like, what I know, what I want, what I see