Happy Birthday Breck!

Try JibJab Sendables® eCards today!

Friday, October 3, 2008

GREEN BUCKETS

Matt here. I don’t think I’m too likely to become much of a blogger, so Jenny Penny will have to stay on top of updating this thing. BUT since I am of course very interested to read her posts and find out what matters of import are occurring in my life, I’ve asked permission to add some rad tunes to her playlist. So this is a little disclaimer for Penny’s sake, the tunes after ‘Mais do Mesmo’ can’t be blamed on her. If you’re enjoying a Rage Against the Machine track while you read about Lucy’s latest exploits, don’t worry - Penny is as sweet as she ever was, I just needed to listen to something a little more potent than LeAnn Rimes.

The first song I have to add is ‘Green Buckets’. It’s a tribute to the college days, a little rock-roll-fun-love song with some personal meaning:

“I would like to love you,
I sure would treat you right.
We could take the trash out
every Thursday night.”

In the old days back at the Y, when we wanted a little moment away from the crowd in the student apartments we would “take the trash out”. We tended to keep walking after taking the trash out. We tended to end up on the roof of Ream’s Grocery Store looking at the stars and talking about the future.

Of course we weren’t the only ones with a tendency to “take the trash out”. Some of our best friends, who will probably be reading Penny’s blog, were known to “take the trash out”, “need to study” or “go make some cookies”.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

WHAT!!! You guys are finally blogging! Hurray! Welcome to the dark abiss.
I am so excited to read more about your family. Lucy looks so big. It is so crazy how time goes bye. We miss you guys a ton.

Birding is Fun! said...

Hey Matt,

I know it seems like the women in the LDS culture have staked their claim in blogosphere, much like the gay and lesbian movement has claimed the rainbow symbol, but I just want you to know that it is okay for dudes to blog too.

I leave it up to Jessica to keep everyone updated on the family while I solve the problems of the world with occassional glimpses into my oh-so-exciting life. (Well, I did go skydiving, so maybe it is a little more exciting than normal)

Amy said...

Or "GO FOR A DRIVE."

Amy said...

...although one time we actually did go for a drive. One time.

Spenser Cammack said...

I really miss taking the trash out, and you and Jenny really did take the trash out a lot, we never had a full bin at that apartment. I think what I used to say was I was going to go hang out at Nadia's place, fall asleep and wake up realizing it was six am and know I would need to apologize to my roommates, so I'd do it ahead of time. Least that's how I remembered it.

What I think, what I like, what I know, what I want, what I see