Happy Birthday Breck!

Try JibJab Sendables® eCards today!

Friday, October 3, 2008

THE CASE OF THE MISSING TOOTHBRUSH

It is like something from a VeggieTales movie or something. Only I think it was a Hairbrush and Minnesota Cuke was on the search for it. Where is Minnesota Cuke when I need him? How does a toothbrush go missing? I mean its a toothbrush...it doesn't move locations. It has resided next to the bathroom sink every day for the last 34.5 years of my life. Not that i've used the same toothbrush for 34.5 years (can you even imagine?) but some version of a ToothBrush 1.0; ToothBrush 1.7; ToothBrush 93.1 or ElectricToothBrush 3.5 (that is a total guess, I have never actually counted the number of toothbrushes I have owned) has resided next to my bathroom sink for the last 34.5 years. Well, here’s our version…

Narrator: "Now it's time for silly songs with PrettyPenny. The part of the show where PrettyPenny comes out and sings a silly song.Our curtain opens as PrettyPenny, having just finished her morning bath, is searching for her Toothbrush. Having no success, PrettyPenny cries out..."

PrettyPenny: "Oh, where is my Toothbrush? Oh where is my Toothbrush? Oh, where, oh, where, oh, where, oh, where, oh, where, oh, where, oh, where, oh, where oh, where ... is my Toothbrush?"
Narrator: "Having heard her cry, Eliza enters the scene. Shocked and slightly embarrassed at the sight of PrettyPenny in a towel, Eliza regains her composure and reports ..."
Eliza: "I think I saw a Toothbrush back there!"
PrettyPenny: "Back there is my Toothbrush. Back there is my Toothbrush. Back there, back there, oh, where, back there, oh, where, oh, where, back there, back there, back there ... is my toothbrush?"
Narrator: "Having heard her joyous proclamation, Jane enters the scene. Shocked and slightly embarrassed at the sight of PrettyPenny in a towel, Jane regains her composure and comments ..."
Jane: "Why do you need a Toothbrush? You don't have to brush your teeth!"
Narrator: "PrettyPenny is taken aback. The thought had never occurred to her. Not brush teeth? What would that mean? What will become of them (her teeth)? What will become of her Toothbrush? PrettyPenny wonders ..."
PrettyPenny: "No brushed teeth for my Toothbrush. No brushed teeth for my Toothbrush. No brushed teeth, no teeth, no where, no teeth no teeth, no teeth, no where back there, no teeth.. for my Toothbrush."
Narrator: "Having heard her wonderings, Lucy enters the scene. Shocked and slightly embarrassed at the sight of PrettyPenny in a towel, Lucy regains her composure and confesses ..."
Lucy: " dah ma dah go bah pra so ma da da!"
Narrator: "Feeling a deep sense of loss and not actually sure what Lucy has said but assuming that this has just been an admission of guilt, PrettyPenny stumbles back and laments..."
PrettyPenny: "Not fair! Oh, my Toothbrush. Not fair! My poor Toothbrush. Not fair, not fair, no toothbrush, not fair, no where, no toothbrush, not fair, not fair, not fair! My little Toothbrush!"

Well, we are still not sure what actually happened to that toothbrush, but I have to admit, a toothbrush is not something I can live without for more than a couple of hours so with three girls all claiming innocence I will be on my way to the store.

2 comments:

joyMama said...

brilliant! the whole thing is brilliant and I love to read it. How fun it is to have 2 dtrs. keeping us updated in such well-written and entertaining ways! What JOY! (tee-hee-hee) I love y'all. jo'Mama PS) just read Matt's contribution - very funny and well done also - now if we can just get Erin in on this...!?!

Patsy said...

Was the mystery of the Missing Toothbrush solved? haha! It's just hilarious that you sang while looking for your toothbrush. Well, this is something we can't avoid. That’s why I can also relate with you.

Patsy Dupre

What I think, what I like, what I know, what I want, what I see