Happy Birthday Breck!

Try JibJab Sendables® eCards today!

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

WE ARE BECOMING FAST FRIENDS...






San Tan Urgent Care and the Joy family are on the way to building a true friendship. Built on broken bones and stitches. Jane had a run in with Mr. Living room Tile tonight and Mr. Tile won! While trying to entertain Lucy (who is sick with an ear infection) Jane slipped and cracked her chin on the tile. Who knew that by hitting the chin straight on, it could open a cut that looked like it had been sliced with a knife. Am I being too graphic???



Anyway, point being - Jane now has 8 shiny new stitches to show off at school tomorrow. She's quite proud of herself...she didn't even cry when the doctor gave her the shots in her chin. All she could say was "I look like Mikaya!" That's her BFF in New York who did the same thing two years ago at our pool party.



I was all for getting out the butterfly bandage and taping it closed, but Matthew wasn't up for that. I think scars are awesome...there's always a great story that goes along with them...just ask Matt... he's got a scar on his hand from a cut he got while skinning a cow and the best part of the story is how his mom stitched it up using a good old fashion sewing needle and thread!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Hi joy girl house. I hope your chin gets better janey.
love mikaya

Jessica said...

It sounds like your house is FULL of fun!:o)

What I think, what I like, what I know, what I want, what I see